Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Well, I couldn't think of something new to write as a
post. So I thought I could tell you guys about some good books! Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna' write a book review.
And I warn you, I'm bad at this....


Mark Haddon has written this great novel about a kid's life. Though a little childish, fifteen year old Christopher Boone has a great taste of Mathematics. He totally loves maths and would do anything to get an A grade in mathematics.

Christopher has regular visits to his school counselor Siobhan who is also his best friend. He is always ready to discuss his problems with the lovely counselor.

But Christopher's life wasn't smooth. He had lost his mother and all he had was his dad and his pet rat, Toby. Cristopher also had many phobias.

He was quite used to this life, but one night... Cristopher finds out that somebody had killed the neighbors dog, Wellington. Cristopher loves dog and he swears to find the culprit. Cristopher thinks it will be fun acting like Sherlock Holmes, but little does he know that there are many more mysteries to be solved.....

Packed with humour, innocence, facts (yes, you heard it right, FACTS), drama and mystery, 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' is a great book that would satisfy people from all age groups.

RATING- 4.5 / 5 (a must read)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi adi,
so well written a review that i am tempted to read the book.do write more on the books that u've read.
be confident man...

Zawan said...

really, this isn't a bad review
with a little more practice you'll be an ace!
the good thing is that it's short and makes the reader want to read the book or find out what it's about

Adi said...

@ jyotir- Thanx

Adi said...

@ zawan- Yeah! Will try to make myself better! Thanx!

Zawan said...

Hey Adi, Poirot is the most memorable guy!
He's so witty. You have to read Agatha Christie... she's just amazing!

Niranjan said...

it feals it's a great book.
but it's too big book for me to read.

Anonymous said...

Dear Adi,
A very good review. I have problem with your blog. Whenever I open it thru Internet explorer, I get dark Navy Blue background with titles of your postings along with the pics if any. But no fonts of the articles. I will have to select the entire page with the mouse and then only the letters come clearer in white colours. I think you should address the issue. Whenever I opened it in many cities of Kerala, the same thing happened. Can you please look into it. Do anybody else has the problem?

Adi, please post more reviews.

Love

Gopalakrishnan

Adi said...

@ gopal- Ok, I'll see to the problem...

Anonymous said...

Adi,
I thank you for addressing the problem this fast.
Gopal

Anonymous said...

Dear Adi,
Just like what jyotirmayi commented, I am tempted to read this book. In fact, I am trying to get it. So, what more do I say- you have written a pretty good review, man!

Anonymous said...

Nice book review It made me want to read the book for my self you should write more book reviews.

Anonymous said...

hi adi,
finally i read the book. simply superb.
Please share with us your reading experiences in future also.
thanks buddy.
regards,

Anonymous said...

Hmm that was quite tempting now I will have to go hunting for this book.

Anonymous said...

cool review, but can i add something? Christopher wasn't childish on purpose he had Asperger's syndrome (which is a mild form of autism). Otherwise the review was pwetty cool...
Inspector Clouseau

Adi said...

@clouseu- aaaaaaah! what're u doing in my blog!!!!!